Our sincere appreciation goes out to our clients, friends, family and consultants who continue to support us as we enter our 14th year of practice!
Highlights of the year include:
- Grace's April 2017 TEDTalk in Vancouver reaches over 1.5 million views
- Marijana receives AIA Seattle Young Architect Award
- The Parsonage student housing apartments is completed and receives Built Green 4-star certification
- Completion of the Waterton Mixed-Used apartments in Eastlake
- Engaging with the Central Area community and completing the Central Area Design Guidelines
- Freehold Interbay R&D industrial building opens
- More affordable housing breaking ground: Mount Angeles View Redevelopment and Sunset Court Apartments
- Groundbreaking of Queen Anne Bungalows Apartments Renovation and Addition
- 160+ attended the AIA Resilience Thinking: Place, Spaces and Communities workshop, organized by a task force that included Mike (co-chair of the AIA Disaster Preparedness & Response Committee)
- Capitol Hill Transit Oriented Development gets approval from Seattle Design Review Board.
- Exhibiting Capitol Hill TOD at the Seattle Architecture Foundation's 20th Annual Model Exhibit: Resurgence
- Capitol Hill EcoDistrict (co-chaired by Mike) seeks to be first certified EcoDistrict in the nation to comply with Equity, Resilience, and Climate imperatives.
- Margaret, Will and Mira becoming Licensed Architects
- Welcoming baby Edison in May as part of our Schemata Workshop growing family.
Wishing you all a happy holiday season!
grace h. kim
N.B. Schemata Workshop will be closed from end of business December 22nd, reopening January 2nd.