Geoff Anderson wins the Jennie Sue Brown State Honor Award.Read More
In a bit of a surprise, Schemata Workshop was recognized by @seaarchitecture in February. Sarah graciously accepted the Community Partner award on behalf of the office and shared these kind words with us:
“I'm so proud to have been able to accept this award for the office tonight. Stacy at SAF mentioned how involved and supportive we are with the many SAF programs - youth and & family programs, the design soirees, etc. She also highlighted our commitment to empowering diverse communities through design, our leadership in community engagement, our work with multiple design guidelines, and especially how encouraging the office is of staff to be really civically involved. It was really impressive to hear all of our accomplishments listed out the way Stacy had - we are doing great things together!
Thank you all for showing up the way you do - it's inspiring and nourishing. And thank you to Mike and Grace for creating this infectious culture.”
Our sincere appreciation goes out to our clients, friends, family and consultants who continue to support us as we enter our 14th year of practice!
Highlights of the year include:
- Grace's April 2017 TEDTalk in Vancouver reaches over 1.5 million views
- Marijana receives AIA Seattle Young Architect Award
- The Parsonage student housing apartments is completed and receives Built Green 4-star certification
- Completion of the Waterton Mixed-Used apartments in Eastlake
- Engaging with the Central Area community and completing the Central Area Design Guidelines
- Freehold Interbay R&D industrial building opens
- More affordable housing breaking ground: Mount Angeles View Redevelopment and Sunset Court Apartments
- Groundbreaking of Queen Anne Bungalows Apartments Renovation and Addition
- 160+ attended the AIA Resilience Thinking: Place, Spaces and Communities workshop, organized by a task force that included Mike (co-chair of the AIA Disaster Preparedness & Response Committee)
- Capitol Hill Transit Oriented Development gets approval from Seattle Design Review Board.
- Exhibiting Capitol Hill TOD at the Seattle Architecture Foundation's 20th Annual Model Exhibit: Resurgence
- Capitol Hill EcoDistrict (co-chaired by Mike) seeks to be first certified EcoDistrict in the nation to comply with Equity, Resilience, and Climate imperatives.
- Margaret, Will and Mira becoming Licensed Architects
- Welcoming baby Edison in May as part of our Schemata Workshop growing family.
Wishing you all a happy holiday season!
grace h. kim
N.B. Schemata Workshop will be closed from end of business December 22nd, reopening January 2nd.